A Valentine's Day Letter to My Husband




My Dearest, Sweetest Husband,

You are on your long commute home tonight and I know that you feel bad that we couldn't spend much time together this Valentine's Day. I do miss you. I do wish that the audit had not coincided with Valentine's Day. But I am so glad just to sit here with memories of you, recent and more distant. Two years ago, we weren't sure where our relationship was going. You were 2,000 miles away and we hadn't seen each other for two and half months. I went out with a group of people to watch "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding," came back late, and barely talked to you. Last year, we were together and happily married, even though we didn't have two pennies to rub together. A whirlwind of experiences has swept through the past year, making us parents and moving us across the US and across the world. I'm glad we've followed God together through it all. Just a few days ago, I watched you sleeping with Noah and felt so proud of you as a father. You worry too much that you should be doing more when you are already a more loving husband and caring father than I ever hoped for. Thanks for the love you have poured out on me.

Arise my love and come with me
Before the dawn breaks
And the shadows flee . . .

Set me like a seal on your heart
For love is unyeilding as the grave
A flash of it is a jealous fire
No flood can quench
For love is as strong as death.
--Michael Card/Song of Solomon--

My heart will forever be yours. I love you.

Your Wife,

Hannah

1 comment: