Wow! I am an Intellectuelle.

I'd like to say I went to bed last night without obcessively calculating and recalculating what time is it on the West Coast of the USA and speculating on how early Marla Swoffer gets up. But when I went to bed at 11 PM here, it was only 3 AM there. I couldn't sleep (a common problem for me) so I crawled out from under our mosquito net at midnight and checked Marla's website again. Nothing. But while I was up, I got three quarter-sized mosquito bites.

Then in my dreams, I lost the contest. Didn't even make it in the top five. Then, my husband woke me up when he got up at 3:30 AM to use the restroom. I lay awake for awhile thinking, "Computer's still on--I should check the results again," but the fear of mosquitos kept me from budging.

So when I got up at 6:30 AM to make breakfast for my husband--it's his birthday--I was pleased and surprised to see that I had won a place on the new Intellectuelles blog. Big thanks to those who voted for me and for those who just took the time to consider Contest Entry #21 "Is the Intellectual Life of Conservative Christians Simple?"

Six other great women will be joining me as certified Intellectuelle. A few of them I am familiar with(Marla, Samantha, Bonnie) but most of them I will be getting to know for the first time. Congratulations everyone!

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment