Cardamom Fudge

I am a caradamom freak. And I am feeling dizzy after eating too much fudge. Not having made candy since high school, I suddenly was struck with a urge for fudge. I tried making some Indian sweets recently but failed. So I set out to make white fudge with lots of cardamom in it as a substitute. Even without any measuring spoons or cups and no candy thermometer, it turned out well.

2/3 cup whole milk or cream
2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup (or honey)
2 tablespoons butter (I used olive oil!)
dash salt
freshly ground cardamom seeds to taste--I like a strong taste!

Combine milk, sugar, syrup, and butter in a saucepan and place over low heat. Stir slowly until sugar is dissolved. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the temperature reaches 236° F. (soft ball stage).

Remove from heat and stir in salt and cardamom; cool, without stirring, to lukewarm (about 110° F.).

Beat until creamy and mixture starts to lose its shine. Pour into buttered square pan. Cool completely and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment