For Greeky Girls Only

Well, if this doesn’t kill off my readership completely, I don’t know what will.  

Και μεθυσκεσθε εν ω εστιν ασοτια, αλλα πληρουεσθε εν πνευματι, λαλουντες εαυτοις εν ψαλμοις και υμνοις και ωδαις πνευματικαις, αδοντες και ψαλλοντες τη καρδια υμων τω κυριω, ευχαριστουνες παντοτε υπερ παντων εν ονοματι του κυριου ημων Ιησου Χριστου τω θεω και πατρι.

Now that my summer classes have ended, I am trying to read a couple verses from the Bible in the original Greek during Buggy Boy’s afternoon nap.  Believe it or not, I find it very relaxing and satisfying.  Rather like reading a good poem.

While my interest in formal exegesis grows weaker and weaker, my interest in improving my Greek skills remains strong.  I just want to keep enjoying my Greek.  Someone might asks, “Why go to all the trouble of learning Greek if you’re not going to even bother to exegete with it?”  I don’t know.  I just like it.

WinXP Greek font doesn’t seem to have the proper diacritical marks and accents for writing down Biblical Greek, but hey--the originals didn’t even have spacing or punctuation, much less accents and breathing marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment