At first, I thought of my blog as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, but it turned out that most people who interact with my blog are not people that I otherwise know! My family and friends may read it from time to time, but they rarely comment or respond. So, my blog has become its own social network, mostly separate from other networks. I have been successful in getting my sister and my father to create blogs, though, so maybe I can turn more offline people into online people. Conversely, maybe I turn some virtual friends into non-virtual friends. Recently, I had a dream that I visited Sparrow and Julana in Oregon. Dreams can come true. Except I’m not sure that Julana lives in Oregon. But you could move, right, Julana?
So without further ado, here is
My blogging vision for 2006.
- Don’t agonize about what to write, how often to post, how the template looks etc.
- Glean wisdom from other bloggers.
- Avoid stupid controversies.
- Take nothing too seriously.
- Enjoy the freedom to be silent.
- Use my blog however I want to, not how I think it “should” be done.