Drink to Me Only With Thine Eyes by Ben Johnson

Drink to me only with thine eyes
And I will but pledge with mine.
Or leave a kiss but in the cup
And I'll not ask for wine.

The thirst that from the soul doth rise
Doth ask a drink divine.
But might I of Jove's necter sup
I wouldst not exchange for thine.

I sang this to my DH over a plate of cream puffs today. There's a lovely bakery a few hundred feet from our apartment that sells yoghurt-filled cream puffs. Fake yoghurt, but still good. This poem is set to beautiful music, but I don't know how to share the music with you through this blog. You'll just have to enjoy the words.

3 comments:

  1. Was this his V-day present? Your lucky, my DH practically won't touch sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky? Well, my DH loves sweets! He likes to have his dduk/떡 and his cake, too. With ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a romantic song.

    ReplyDelete