Four Surprises

First, a missionary couple I know witnessed their friend murdered on their own front lawn. The man was a member of the tribe they have been working to reach. Tribal warfare has now forced them to evacute.

Second, another servent of God just this week heard the gunshots and screams when several of her next door neighbors were murdered one night. The police in this particular country offer no protection or help.

Third, less dramatic but closer to home, a very dear friend is grieving the loss of a dream she had deeply hoped for.

And then, I got an email from my father. He's been laid off--without even a day's notice.

May I be a messenger of peace to those around me who are suffering.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    I am so sorry to hear about your father's layoff. I cannot believe how this country has changed, in my lifetime, in the way it treats employees. It's unconscionable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I stopped by to return the visit and...well, this is just awful. Are you in North or South Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "May I be a messenger of peace to those around me who are suffering."

    AMEN TO THAT!!

    So sorry to read such sad news - not nice surprises at all! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah,
    I have finally got back to comment. In the midst of various things I have been thinking of you and mentioned you in my prayers.
    The reality of the world is so difficult sometimes - especially when we can see that there is a better and more excellent way.
    I know you have mentioned your Dad's ministry in the prison. There is a verse in Hewbrews that comes to mind - God is not unjust and will not forget your work and labour of love. (from memory - apapraphrase but that's what it means in essence).
    God bless. You are a tender heart and yet resilient. I like you for that.

    ReplyDelete