David Slides and a Model T Spark Coil

One of my resolutions has been to avoid the consumption of pirated, fake, or ripped off goods. Considering that I am a You Tube addict, I have had to erase most of the videos I had marked as favorites, since most of them were uploaded without permission of the original artist.

This has been nothing but a good decision. Far from suffering, I have been benefiting from forcing myself to branch out and listen to new artists. Check out the amazing pianist David Slides. He has a cover of Rihanna's Live Your Life which is breathtaking. I'm not even a fan of Rihanna, but every one of Slide's piano covers are gorgeous, whether or not I liked the original song.

If you have other artists to recommend, let me know. My musical tastes are wide, wide, wide as the Montana sky. Classical, pop, hip-hop, opera, new age, rock, alternative, Celtic--it's all good to me.

You gotta check out this guy's screwy sense of humor. What kind of kid would hook up a Model T spark coil to a doorknob and shoot sparks out his finger anyway? I've known this guy for quite some time, more than 28 years, in fact, and I can attest that he hasn't lost any of his screwiness.

2 comments:

  1. Check out Josh Ritter. Originally from Moscow ID. If you like somewhat folksy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'm listening to him now playing "The River." Love folksy stuff.

    ReplyDelete